Needing to fill up a tire with air with a Viair Air Compressor, while you’re out and about can be a real challenge. If you’re tired of being stuck with deflated tires on the road, you have probably considered ordering a portable Viair Compressor like the Viair 90P Portable Compressor.
One of the problems with these types of compressors is the fact that many of them use a car lighter plug to deliver power to the compressor. And, often, these compressors end up blowing more car fuses than they do blowing up flat tires.
The VIAIR 90P Portable Compressor, however, avoids these kinds of mishaps by drawing power directly from your car’s battery. It uses heavy-duty alligator clips, like those on your jumper cables, to hook up quickly to the battery for power to this compressor, no matter where you are.
Viair 90P Portable Compressor Review
If you drive a large truck, with huge tires, you may find that the Viair 90P Portable Compressor lacks a bit if you compare to other Viair Compressor when the time comes to fill up your tires with air.
Viair Air Compressor Fast inflation
This particular, portable Viair Compressor design is more to use with standard size car tires. This Viair Air Compressor can comfortably inflate a flat 31-inch tire in just a few minutes.
Once you hook up the Viair 90P Portable Compressor to your car battery, the compressor goes right to work, delivering airflow at up to 120 psi.
That kind of air pressure doesn’t instantly inflate car tires. But it will get the job done in a few minutes. This option is a heck of a lot quicker than dealing with a potentially dangerous tire change on the side of the road.
Viair 90P Portable Compressor Features
- This Viair Air Compressor can inflate 31-inch car tires in just a few minutes.
- It uses alligator clips to draw direct power from your vehicle’s battery, which avoids blown fuses associated with lighter powered compressors.
- Furthermore, delivers a maximum of 120 PSI with a 15% duty cycle.
- The power cable is 12 feet long, and the air hose is 5 feet long, so you can quickly move around to fill up the rear tires.
- The Viair Air Compressor Comes with a cute storage bag to protect the compressor when it’s not in use.
- Oil-less Design.
- High-Performance PTFE Piston Ring.
- Stainless Steel Valves.
- Moisture & Dust Resistant.
- Gearless Direct Drive Motor.
- Anodized Aluminum Alloy Cylinder.
- Automatic Reset Thermal Overload Protector.
- Dual-Stage Metal Air Filter.
- Aluminum Sand Tray with Vibration Isolators.
- Deluxe Dual Compartment Carry Bag.
- 16.3-pc. Inflation Tips Kit.
- Dual Battery Clamps with 30-Amp Inline Fuse Holder.
It’s important to note that this is not an air compressor to use with pneumatic tools, but is intended strictly for inflating tasks.
You may not be able to hook this up to your nailer, but when the time comes to inflate a tire with a slow leak, they cannot beat the Viair 90P Portable Compressor.
VIAIR 90P Portable Compressor Conclusion
With nearly 40 online reviews from actual customers, the VIAIR 90P Portable Compressor has an above average customer score of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Viair Compressor – Great tool to have in mind
No, it’s not a heavy duty compressor to use in the garage or on carpentry projects, but the Viair 90P Portable Compressor is a great tool to have on hand to inflate tires or possibly pool floats and sports balls.
It does the job quickly and is an excellent tool to have in the trunk of your car for those little emergencies that pop up when you need quick air in your tires.