First, the Sennheiser RS 130 wireless surround sound headphones is a homebody. From your couch to your kitchen, these wireless headphones with the stationary transmitter are family friendly. Moreover, the base transmitter is wall mountable as well as coffee table convenient. Also, automatic tuning with a search function and memory is another nice feature found here.
Second, a self-learning level control will help avoid those nasty volume spikes. For example, both visual and acoustic notifications alert you to new changes in your settings. These Sennheiser RS 130 wireless surround sound headphones are perfect for TV. Watch your team crush their adversaries in comfort with the padded, cushioned headset.
At the same time, you can keep an ear out for household emergencies thanks to the open design of the earpiece. These phones will travel out of doors with you. However, they do have a limited range. Still, they should work in most yards from a porch or patio.
Third, the Sennheiser RS 130 wireless surround sound headphones is an open, circumaural RF wireless headphone system. This system is switchable surround sound (SRS headphone). Moreover, its excellent sound image with outstanding bass response makes it an ideal choice for all types of music and TV use.
Besides, the system is extremely user-friendly due to its easy-recharge function and intelligent auto-tuning. Acoustic and visual signals confirm the adjustment of new settings.
An innovative, self-learning automatic level control ensures that the wireless headphones always reproduce an optimum audio level. Furthermore, the Sennheiser RS 130 wireless surround sound headphones combine optimum comfort with a captivating surround sound experience.
- Open, circumaural RF wireless headphone system
- Excellent sound for hi-fi systems and TVs
- Switchable surround sound mode (SRS)
- Automatic search tuning with memory function
- Three selectable RF channels
- Optimum audio levels due to self-learning automatic level control
- Very lightweight headphones, extremely comfortable to wear
- A range of up to 150m (864 MHz variant), or up to 100m (926 MHz variant)
- Convenient storing and recharging function
- Easy recharging: Simply put the headphones onto the charging cradle
- Rechargeable nickel metal hydrate (NiMH) batteries, two included
- Acoustic and visual signals confirm the adjustment of new settings
- Operating time: approximately 22 hours
- 2-year guarantee
- Padded, adjustable headband
- Controls directly on the headset
- Cushioned earpieces
- Sound Retrieval System (SRS) gives surround sound effect
- Transmitter doubles as a charger and stands for headset
- Intelligent charging stops charging when battery full
What could use redesigned?
- It has a range of 300+ feet; even in my tiny place, I’d have to stay closer to the base unit than I’d like.
- Looks; not thrilling
- SRS off switch; why exactly are we turning off surround sound effect?
- Not Bluetooth capable
- Open air design invites external noise
Sennheiser RS 130 Specs
- Stereo: SRS, surround effect option
- Headphone Type: Open Circumaural
- Frequency Response: 18 – 21 kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >68 dBA
- Range: About 330 feet
- Frequency Type: RF, 926-928 MHz
- Battery Time: 22 hours fully charged
- Weight: 9.7 oz.
- Transmitter: Separate unit
- Battery Type: Rechargeable NiMH
- Transducer: Dynamic
- Sensitivity: 104 dB
Conclusion Sennheiser RS 130 wireless surround sound headphones
These are not the pair for shutting out the world and drowning in audio bliss. They’re more the “half an ear open, listen for your name being called to dinner while finishing your homework” pair. Talk time is pretty sweet, though, at 22 hours.
The less time spent charging; the more time spent enjoying! Storage and charging are also synonymous. Here the phones rest on top of the transmitter and charge in place.
The heightened bass response is another nice touch Sennheiser has included. Make movies rock with the extra bass and surround effects. All told, these are a pretty decent set of headphones.