In this article we review the Makita MAC2400, its key features (durability, lubrication pump, etc.), why is one of the best air compressors, high things and features and finally a personal conclusion.
The Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP Air Compressor is one of the most in-demand models among people who settle for nothing but the best when it comes to tools. And since Makita is known as the world’s leading company for pneumatic tools, it only makes sense that they know a thing or two about designing a reliable air compressor. The Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP Air Compressor delivers on all fronts and gives you the performance that you’d expect from one of the world’s leading air tool manufacturers.
The Makita MAC2400 features renowned durability due to its cast iron construction which gives it the strength to endure under the toughest conditions. It also comes with a large filter which allows for increased air intake which in turn allows for greater efficiency.
The Makita MAC2400 model also features an oil-lubricated pump which is also more efficient. This unit runs cooler and at half the RPM of most of its competition. The result of this is a greater motor and pump life along with lower noise.
The Makita MAC2400 has a 4.2-gallon twin-stacked tank delivers enough power for two nailers with an operating pressure of 130 PSI, reading 40PSI (4.8 CFM) and 90 PSI (4.2 CFM).
This unit features low noise, high output and less maintenance in mind. The Makita MAC2400 is just another example of why Makita is one of the leading names in air compressor engineering.
As far as reviews go the Makita MAC2400 scored very well with folks who have owned it.
This product review is one of the “Best in Class.”
Great things about the Makita MAC2400
- This kind of compressor just purrs. Persons are amazed if is running. Big rubber toes also help prevent sending the vibration to whatever sitting on, so no more vibrating boards.
- Over-built compressor gives incredible cycle times brief – if using light tools, it doesn’t run much nevertheless. Also, operates way more cool than others – I’ll save those sear lines for my steak on the grill – not my forearm.
- No leakages – holds its air pressure seemingly forever when deterred
- The air filter is a miniature version of an old-time car air conditioner filter. For a unit which is going to be sitting down on the ground amongst swirling construction dust, this is a large plus.
- It does indeed consider in, but at least the style is very compact. The frame wraps around and protects almost all of the important stuff, so there are no lines, wires, and so forth. Waiting to be snagged. The glaring exception is the air filter clinging off the side – I can see this part’s going to be repaired at some time when We throw it in a truck bed. No problem for shop use, though.
There were a few folks who had issues with the Makita MAC2400, but the problems mainly came from packaging problems as stated in this review more than problems with the unit itself.
Features of the Makita MAC2400:
- Cast iron pump cylinder and piston (with Big Bore™) are engineered to provide faster recovery time for improved performance
- Powerful 2.5 HP 4-Pole motor generates 4.2 CFM at 90 PSI for increased productivity
- Pump runs at lower RPM (1,720) resulting in lower noise (79dB) and give pump durability
- Roll-cage construction provides complete protection to endure extreme job site environments
- Large automotive style industrial air filter for increased air intake and superior performance
- Durable cast iron cylinder reduces wear and improves pump life; removable for easy maintenance
- Oil sight glass for fast, easy and efficient maintenance
- Lever handle ball valve – tank drain valve improves upon standard petcock design for easier maintenance
- Built-in thermal overload for additional motor protectionOur conclusion on the Makita MAC2400
- The pump is oil lubricated to run cool and minimize wear.
- Cast iron pump is built to be used day-in-and-day-out for long product life.
- The pump is easy to maintain.
- Integrated thermal overload to protect the motor.
- The air filter is big and made to increase air intake and provide overall better performance.
- It comes with a one-year warranty from the manufacturer.
The heart of any air compressing unit is at the pump. After all, the air is compressed by the pump, so it only makes sense that units with superior quality pumps are simply better air compressors. The Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP Air Compressor features as good a pump as you would want from an air compressor.
It’s built from durable cast iron and oil lubricated. That means that it’s resistant to common abuse, and runs cool to stay protected from excessive wear. You’ll have a hard time finding an air compressor with a better pump than the Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP Air Compressor.
Makita MAC2400 Pros
- Tough. I expect my tools to be sturdy and able to withstand regular use and abuse. The Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP Air Compressor is tough, and since it features sturdy, rugged steel, it’s a compressor that will last for years, even if used every day.
- Cool Running. The pump is oil lubricated, so it runs at a cooler temperature than some of the “maintenance free” pumps. This means that the pump will perform well without suffering from excessive breakdowns.
- Big air filter. The air cleaner on this model is similar to what you’d see in an automotive shop’s air compressor. That means it pulls in more air to use on the job.
Makita MAC2400 Cons
- Maintenance. The cost of a cool-running, oil lubricated pump is regular maintenance. You have to stay on top of keeping this model greased to keep the pump protected from damage.
- Loud. Make no mistakes; this is a powerful air compressor. As such, you can expect the noise levels to be pretty high when you operate this unit. It’s no louder than most other models, but it certainly isn’t the quietest air compressor on the market.
Our conclusion on the Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP Air Compressor:
This air compressor is quiet, very well built and seemingly easy to use. It is not a big project compressor unless you are willing to stop and let it recharge. The fact that the Makita Mac2400 is a very popular model among folks who have had their hands on it may be the best indication of its quality.
Even though you have to perform somewhat regular maintenance to keep the Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP Air Compressor in good operating condition, the pump does remove quickly to accomplish this preservation. And since the result of the support is longer life and fewer breakdowns, it’s more than worth the little bit of extra effort. If you’re ready for a strong, powerful air compressor, you can’t go wrong with the Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP Air Compressor.