GM does not technically create the GMC Syclone 6310. Nevertheless, who worries when can get a good performing compressor that’s also astonishingly quiet. In fact, it may be the quietest air compressor for home use that’s currently accessible.
If you thought that you had to buy a large air compressor to get power and top performance, it might be time to reconsider that line of thinking. Yes, large, commercial grade air compressors are excellent, but if you need top-tier performance in a smaller form factor.
The GMC SYCLONE 6310 Ultra Quiet & Oil-Free Air Compressor may be just the compressor you’ve been looking. This small, but powerful air compressor is built to provide consistent air flow for the most common pneumatic tool, painting and around the house types of jobs. And when you need to get up and go, it’s small enough to pop in the trunk or bed of your truck without too much effort.
It’s Quiet Too
Now if you’re like me and have had it with noisy air compressors, I think you’re going to be pretty impressed with how quiet this compressor is. The GMC SYCLONE 6310 Ultra Quiet & Oil-Free Air Compressor only belts out noises at about 60 dBA.
No, that’s not whisper-quiet, but it is small enough that you can work on projects, even in the middle of the night, without causing a ruckus in the neighborhood or wake up everyone in town. It’s good to get consistently dominant air flow levels without making a ton of noise, and the GMC SYCLONE 6310 Ultra Quiet & Oil-Free Air Compressor makes this a reality.
GMC SYCLONE 6310 Ultra Quiet & Oil-Free Air Compressor Features
- Features a 6.3-gallon steel tank.
- Built in pressure control meter and a Universal quick connector.
- Airflow of: 3.80 CFM @ 40 PSI – 2.35 CFM @ 90 PSI.
- Oil-Free Pump Means Virtually No Maintenance to keep it running for years of regular use.
- Built with a thermal overload protector to prevent damage to the pump.
- Backed by a one-year, limited warranty.
- Comes with wheels for maneuvering the air compressor around the shop or garage.
- Dimensions: 24” H x 13.4” W.
Who Is Best For GMC SYCLONE 6310
Contractors and technicians may want to look elsewhere at more powerful compressors since having a quiet compressor are not so important. The GMC Syclone 6310 is most proper for the carport or small projects around the house.
Many of the smaller compressors simply don’t have a large enough tank to fill a tire completely. While the photos may look like this is a full-size compressor, it’s quite compact and easy to move from room to room. This compressor is perfect for the first time user, and even if you’ll only be inflating tires, it’s a good option due to its large tank.
GMC SYCLONE 6310 Ultra Quiet & Oil-Free Air Compressor Pros & Cons
GMC SYCLONE 6310 Pros
- Soundless! One of the quietest air compressors at just 60 dBA.
- It Provides consistent, powerful air flow for most pneumatic tools.
- Durable, steel tank is built to stand up to regular use and abuse.
- Quick to pressurize tank.
- Included moisture trap.
- Large tank.
- Good value.
GMC SYCLONE 6310 Cons
- The wheels tend to rub up against the air compressor.
- The silver color hasn’t been a big hit with some customers.
After researching for this GMC SYCLONE 6310 Ultra Quiet & Oil-Free Air Compressor review, and taking in all the pros and cons, it’s obvious that this is one of the best portable air compressors in this price range.
If you want truly portable air flow for all of your pneumatic tools and painting needs, but don’t want a compressor that makes a ton of noise, then the GMC SYCLONE 6310 Ultra Quiet & Oil-Free Air Compressor is the model that you’ve been waiting.