Your baby is growing up, and you are looking for a front facing baby carrier to carry him comfortably?
Moms get physically tired while carrying their babies for long periods of time. One solution for mums to recover physically and avoid back pain is to have the dad to help them.
Front facing baby carriers not only provides mom a break but also encourages closeness between dad and baby. Carriers also allows to hold babies while still allowing to be free on hands.
Carriers are the only devices that enables dads to be hands-free. There are many dads who go hiking and want to bring babies with them.
Babies like getting cradled in parents arms but that is something not reserved just for mums. Dads want to hold their babies too. They need suitable carriers to allow them stay more time with their loved ones.
We reviewed several carriers (that we will post in other post reviews too). We provide you now with the best front facing baby carrier spacially for dads.
The Beco Butterfly II is not only the most acceptable front-facing baby carrier, but it is also stylish. It comes with the white flowers on a charcoal grey background and black straps.
- 1 Probably the best baby carrier for dads
- 2 What things to Look for in a Baby Carrier
- 3 Beco Butterfly II Baby Carrier Features and Specifications
- 4 Plausibly the best front facing baby carrier
- 5 Double baby carrier
- 6 Why the best baby carrier for dads?
- 7 Beco Butterfly 2 vs. Ergo
- 8 Better than a ring sling baby carrier
- 9 Conclusion of the best front facing baby carrier for dads
- 10 Butterfly Baby Carrier Infographic
- 11 Ergobaby Baby Carrier Reviews
- 12 BabyBjorn Baby Carrier
Probably the best baby carrier for dads
Many dads prefer wearing a carrier in a mall or market than putting an infant seat instead. The first and probably the most important factor in a baby carrier is comfort. Comfort is not merely for your child, but specially for dads.
The Beco Butterfly II Baby Carrier has a padded waistband and shoulder straps for a comfort level. That is appreciated when taking the baby on outdoor activities. The sleeping hood supports a napping baby, and you can use it for protection against the sun, rain or snow.
This carrier allows the wearer to carry the baby up front or on the back in comfort and style. It is easy to adjust to match between the dad and mom.
What things to Look for in a Baby Carrier
- Neutral colors for dads. Dads prefer a carrier that is designed in a gender neutral color. Color they like are black, beige, or grey as the Butterfly does.
- Washable. Is is important not to rip, fade, or lose the carriers form and shape. Nylon is great for that.
- Ergonomic. You want a carrier that is simple on your own body (ergonomic style and support in every right position). The baby will be secured and comfortable. The Butterfly 2 provides you a complete large amount of carrying options.
- Safety. Secure with multiple fasteners and velcro. Keep the baby steady as you walk and move about.
Beco Butterfly II Baby Carrier Features and Specifications
- It weighs 2.5 pounds
- Suitable for newborns up to 45 pounds
- Black straps with stylised white flowers on a charcoal grey background
- Light and slim-fitting, carry baby like a backpack
- Front facing baby carrier or back baby carrier
- It provides luxurious comfort with padded waistband and shoulder straps
- Ergonomically designed two-shouldered support
- It has removable sleeping hood to support the head of the child
- As well as protection from sun, rain or snow
- You can easily store the removable sleeping hood in a pocket on the waist belt
- You can use it in front or back carry
- It is available in many colours including: Black, Espresso, Duke (limited edition), Ever (limited edition), Ginger, Lucas, Luna, Metro Black, Natalie, Paige and Tyler
Plausibly the best front facing baby carrier
Reviews are overwhelmingly positive concerning the Beco Butterfly. Especially when it comes to not having to buy extras. It is an advantage that the infant insert comes with the carrier.
The Beco Butterfly ii organic baby carrier is extremely comfortable to wear. Kids like it and multiple users can switch baby from one to the other. They do not need to take the baby out of the carrier for that.
Double baby carrier
This carrier is special for anyone with back problems. You will appreciate the ergonomically designed shape of this soft structured carrier. It is very similar to a back or frontpack.
The DVD that comes with the Beco Butterfly carrier is very helpful. It explains the many features of this baby carrier.
Why the best baby carrier for dads?
Users remark how easy it is to wear the baby and to complete errands and chores. They can do it while the baby sleeps or observes what is going on around. Is very helpful for the baby as the wearer goes about getting things accomplished.
Dads are confident that the child will remain secure in the carrier as well as comfortable.
Beco Butterfly 2 vs. Ergo
It is not as bulky as the Ergo baby carrier or the frame carriers according to those who have used it. The Beco Butterfly II Baby Carrier is not as comfortable or well designed for the mum who wants to nurse a baby while wearing it. As opposed to the Ergo baby carrier which is more accommodating to nursing mums.
Something that is missing with the Beco Butterfly is that the wearer does not have the option to use the carrier for hip carrying which is convenient for when the baby gets heavier. There is also no zippered pocket for carrying necessary items like a cell phone, wallet or keys. The Ergo baby carrier comes with that pocket.
Better than a ring sling baby carrier
The best features of the Beco Butterfly carrier that makes them better than a single ring sling baby carrier are:
- It can accommodate a newborn without having to purchase a separate infant insert (comes with one)
- Allows for the transfer of baby in the carrier to another user without taking the baby out of the carrier
- Has a head cover that snaps off easily
Conclusion of the best front facing baby carrier for dads
I would recommend the Beco Butterfly II Baby Carrier for anyone who enjoys baby items that:
- are stylish
- are designed for comfort
- and are easy to use.
However, they have not designed the Carrier for another important need: the mum who wishes to nurse her baby while carrying the baby in the carrier.
Fathers have no excuse nowadays to wear their babies. There are excellent benefits for dads and babies in doing this. In addition, carriers are a complete lot more convenient to use than strollers!
Butterfly Baby Carrier Infographic
Ergobaby Baby Carrier Reviews
Ergobaby Performance vs Original
Another front facing baby carriers are the Ergobaby line. There are many features users of the Ergo Baby Performance Carrier speak highly about such as:
- how durable it is
- that this carrier is 1/3 lighter than the standard Ergo baby carrier, has an outer layer that repels water making it ideal for use during outdoor activities
- and that it is designed with breathable mesh lining (which helps keep the baby and adult fresh when the carrier is worn in warmer climates)
This carrier comes with an infant insert for newborns and can be used for children up to 40 lbs. The design of the Ergo Performance carrier provides extra protection against the weather elements and the contoured shoulder straps are designed for comfort and to keep the baby close to the body of the wearer.
Ergo Baby Performance Carrier Features and Specifications:
- It measures 12″ x 4.2″ x 10″
- It weighs approximately 2.3 pounds
- It is durable and lightweight with breathable fabric
- It has water repellant outer layer that is ideal for outdoor activities
- It has breathable mesh lining to keep babies and parents cooler as well as comfortable
- It is ready to accommodate kids up to 40 L.B.S.
Reviewers of the Ergo baby Performance carrier often remark about the versatility of this carrier for allowing for different positions such as carrying the baby on the hip, front or back instead of always carrying the baby up front like with all the front facing baby carriers. Especially when the child grows and is heavier the front position may not always be the most comfortable place.
Ergobaby Performance vs Original
An added benefit of this front facing baby carrier over other similar models is that this one has zipper pockets for bringing along keys, cell phone or a wallet. This carrier comes with an extended waistband making it unnecessary to spend the money purchasing a waist extender. The Performance Carrier is designed to take the pressure off of back, neck and shoulders of the person wearing it so this is a perfect carrier for older babies.
Click here to get free pdf of Ergo Baby Carrier instructions.
See the video for a comparison between:
- Ergobaby Performance Carrier,
- Ergobaby 360 Four Position Carrier
- Ergobaby Original Carrier
Ergo Carrier Conclusion
The Ergo Baby Performance Carrier as a front facing baby carrier comes highly recommended by most of the individuals who have purchased it because of its versatility, durability, weight distribution and multiple carrying positions. It is not as bulky as the original Ergo baby carrier. It is designed for the comfort of the person wearing it both at the shoulder and waist. It avoids the back pain experienced with other carriers and can accommodate heavier babies.
The reviews often state that it is a perfect front facing baby carrier for using when outdoors in different weather elements, for hiking with the baby, long walks or when shopping and doing other chores. When all of the benefits are added up, the price of the Ergo performance fades in comparison to what a great and necessary baby equipment a carrier such as this becomes over when considering that it can be used from the newborn stage all the way through older much heavier toddlers.
BabyBjorn Baby Carrier
Parents, family members, caregivers or anyone in need of hands-off carrying of a baby look for the BabyBjorn Baby Carrier. They can enjoy a hands-free way of carrying a baby when shopping, going for walks, or when doing any activity that can be done easier without having to hold a baby in the arms.
A baby carrier system allows to safely and comfortably carry the baby. Users of this carrier can be confident that they are carrying the baby in complete safety because this product conforms to ASTM F2236 safety standards (https://www.astm.org/Standards/F2236.htm). Newborns from 8 pounds to 26 pounds and minimum length of 21 inches can use this carrier safely.
BabyBjorn Baby Carrier Synergy Features and Specifications
- It measures 10.2 x 3.4 x 13.8
- It weighs 2.2 pounds
- It has breathable mesh fabric to reduce heat and moisture to keep parents and baby cooler
- It has an innovative two-piece design for ease of use
- It is adjustable for growing baby
- It has safe and comfortable non-toxic materials
- It possesses an enhanced back support
- It has a removable carrier front
- It has wide shoulder straps that are designed to distribute baby’s weight evenly
- It can fold compactly into a convenient pouch for easy carry and storage
- It is available in three different colours at the time of writing Black, Marine Blue and White
BabyBjorn Baby Carrier Synergy Review
Reviews are overwhelmingly positive regarding this baby carrier. Most agree that the Synergy avoids the baby becoming too warm, does not contribute to back soreness, as some other carriers are known to do, is less stiff and softer than less expensive or essential carriers.
The forward facing feature for older babies seems to be a big hit with those reviewing this product. Users write about a common thread, and that is the comfort. Users report that the baby seems content when you carry him or her in the BabyBjorn Baby Carrier. Adults that wear the carrier report how comfortable it is to wear a baby around for long walks. The extra back support is a real benefit over carriers without this feature.
BabyBjorn vs. Ergo Carriers
Many of the reviewers have compared the BabyBjorn Baby Carrier to the Ergo carriers and have discovered that the baby responds better to the adjustable positions, head and neck support for the baby and shoulder and back support for the adult. The smooth, 3D, breathable mesh material also sets the BabyBjorn Carrier above other carriers according to users.
BabyBjorn Baby Carrier
One advantage that seems to pop up even in those that give negative reviews is that of the actual moderate price of the carrier (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009JOSNM/?tag=buytopreview-20). Most admit that the price is worth the peace of mind, the level of comfort and the ease of use experienced by both baby and adult.
Overall the reviews for the BabyBjorn Baby Carrier Synergy agree that this carrier is made to give safety, comfort, peace of mind and desired function. The carrier can be adjusted to accommodate small eight-pound babies as well as babies weighing up to 26 pounds.