Makita MAC2400 Big Bore 2.5 HP Air Compressor
The Makita MAC2400 features renowned durability due to its cast iron construction which gives it the strength to endure under the toughest conditions. It is also equipped with a large filter which allows for increased air intake which in turn allows for greater efficiency.
The Makita MAC2400 model also features an oil-lubricated pump which is also more efficient. This unit runs cooler and at half the RPM of most of its competition. The result of this is a greater motor and pump life along with lower noise.
The Makita MAC2400 has a 4.2-gallon twin-stacked tank delivers enough power for two nailers with an operating pressure of 130 PSI, reading 40PSI (4.8 CFM) and 90 PSI (4.2 CFM).
This unit was made with low noise, high output and less maintenance in mind. The Makita MAC2400 is just another example of why Makita is one of the leading names in air compressor engineering.
As far as reviews go the Makita MAC2400 scored very well with folks who have owned it. On a scale of 0 to 10, the Makita MAC2400 rated a 4.5, and that was out of 486 reviews to date.
Here is a good part of a review from someone on Amazon who purchased the Makita MAC2400. I’m posting the full review because it was said (so far) to be helpful to 141 out of 141 people. Can’t beat that.
This product review is one of the “Best in Class”.
Great things about the MAKITA MAC2400:
A) This kind of compressor just purrs. Persons are amazed if is running. Big rubber toes also help prevent sending the vibration to whatever sitting on, so no more vibrating boards.
B) Over-built compressor gives incredible cycle times brief – if using light tools, it doesn’t run much nevertheless. Also, operates way more cool than others – I’ll save those sear lines for my steak on the grill – not my forearm.
C) No leakages – holds its air pressure seemingly forever when deterred
D) The air filter is a miniature version of an old-time car air conditioner filter. For a unit which is going to be sitting down on the ground amongst swirling construction dust, this is a large plus.
E) It does indeed consider in, but at least the style is very compact. The frame wraps around and protects almost all of the important stuff, so there are no lines, wires, and so forth. Waiting to be snagged. The glaring exception is the air filter clinging off the side – I can see this part’s going to be repaired at some time when We throw it in a truck bed. No problem for shop use, though.
There were a few folks who had issues with the Makita MAC2400 but the problems mainly came from packaging problems as stated in this review more than problems with the unit itself. Out of 486 reviewers though the Makita MAC2400 was given at least a 4 out of 5 by 422 of them.
Features of the Makita MAC2400:
- Cast iron pump with Big Bore™ cylinder and piston are engineered to provide faster recovery time for improved performance
- Powerful 2.5 HP 4-Pole motor generates 4.2 CFM at 90 PSI for increased productivity
- Pump runs at lower RPM (1,720) resulting in lower noise (79dB) and give pump durability
- Roll-cage construction provides complete protection to endure extreme job site environments
- Large automotive style industrial air filter for increased air intake and superior performance
- Durable cast iron cylinder reduces wear and improves pump life; removable for easy maintenance
- Oil sight glass for fast, easy and efficient maintenance
- Lever handle ball valve – tank drain valve improves upon standard petcock design for easier maintenance
- Built-in thermal overload for additional motor protectionOur conclusion on the Makita MAC2400
Big Bore 2.5 HP Air Compressor:
This air compressor is quiet, very well built and seemingly easy to use. It is not a big project compressor unless you are willing to stop and let it recharge. The fact that the Makita Mac2400 is a very popular model among folks who have had their hands on it may be the best indication of its quality.