Beats Powerbeats 2 Wireless
Dr. Dre’s Powerbeats 2 Wireless earbuds certainly let the beat drop. These earbuds make it easy to go cord-free with music that’s full of powerful bass, and the comfy over-ear design lets you wear them all day long. Beats fans will find that these buds perfectly complement their collections, but subparb battery life and weak highs and mids dampen our enthusiasm.
Built to endure
Don’t let sweat stop you. Powerbeats2 Wireless is sweat and water-resistant, with over-molding on the RemoteTalk™ control for a no-slip grip when changing volume, switching tracks, and making hands-free calls.
Music you can feel
Add power to your workout playlist. Dual-driver acoustics deliver a broad range of frequency with crisp highs and powerful lows to inspire you through your run and workout
Designed to perform
We designed it with you, the athlete and runner, in mind. Powerbeats2 Wireless is lightweight and compact with adjustable ear hooks providing a comfortable and secure fit.
1. Pair and play with your Bluetooth device with a 30-foot range.
2. 6-hour rechargeable battery.
3. Premium sound in a lightweight design with adjustable ear hooks.
4. Sweat- and water-resistant.
5. Take hands-free calls and control music with no-slip-grip RemoteTalk cable.
Let’s get down to the excellent stuff for the Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless Review.
1. Water-resistant so sweat does not affect them.
2. They are lightweight and comfortable to wear.
3. The fit is snug, so the headphones stay in place when working out.
4. Ear tips come in four different shapes and sizes to fit comfortably in any ear, which are included.
5. Blast the base level. There is no distortion at any volume level. This is impossible with many other competing headphones in this category.
6. These headphones let you feel the beat of the music.
7. Controls are easy to use.
8. Recharging is easy using a standard micro USB power cord connection.
9. The connecting cord between the two earbuds is tangle free.
10. The Bluetooth connection to the device is up to 30 feet away.
Somebody always has a reason to complain.
1. The headphones do not automatically shut down when disconnected from a Bluetooth device, so users must remember to turn them off. Otherwise, batteries run down.
2. Because of audio shifts to the base range, the highs and mids are less prominent in the mix. This is either a good thing or a bad thing, depending on the kind of music.
3. These headphones have earbuds, which insert into the ear canal. This essentially blocks out all ambient noise. There is no way to hear background sounds, like traffic noise or warning sounds, when the base is booming, and the volume is turned up.
4. Some want more battery life than the up to six hours of playing time before recharging is necessary.
The bad reputation Beats has among audiophiles is only half-deserved at best. Some of the company’s products have indeed been bad, but that was in the past. Their recent releases have, with one exception, been on par with their competitors.Get in the gym, put these headphones on, and work out with the booming base to motivate you.
These headphones have differences indeed, and if those differences — ambient noise pass through, over-ear hooks instead of in-ear wings — are important to you, the Powerbeats2 will suit you well, but they don’t justify the inflated price.