Best Baby Carriers: Your baby is growing up, and you are looking for the best baby carriers to carry him comfortably?
The best baby carriers not only provide mom a break but also encourages closeness between dad and baby. Carriers also allows to hold babies while still allowing to be free on hands.
Carriers are the only devices that enables dads to be hands-free. There are many dads who go hiking and want to bring babies with them.
Babies like getting cradled in parents arms but that is something not reserved just for mums. Dads want to hold their babies too. They need suitable carriers to allow them stay more time with their loved ones.
We reviewed several carriers (that we will post in other post reviews too). We provide you now with the best baby carriers specially for dads.
- What things to Look for in a Baby Carrier
- Beco Butterfly 2 Baby Carrier
- Probably one of the best baby carriers for dads
- Beco Butterfly II Baby Carrier Features and Specifications
- Plausibly one of the best baby carriers
- Double baby carrier
- Why one of the best baby carriers for dads?
- Beco Butterfly 2 vs. Ergo
- Better than a ring sling baby carrier
- Conclusion: the best baby carrier for dads
- Butterfly Baby Carrier Infographic
- Ergobaby Performance Carrier
- Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier
- Ergo Baby Carrier
- BabyBjorn Baby Carrier Air
What things to Look for in a Baby Carrier
- Neutral colors for dads. Dads prefer a carrier that is designed in a gender neutral color. Color they like are black, beige, or grey as the Butterfly does.
- Washable. Is is important not to rip, fade, or lose the carriers form and shape. Nylon is great for that.
- Ergonomic. You want a carrier that is simple on your own body (ergonomic style and support in every right position). The baby will be secured and comfortable. The Butterfly 2 provides you a complete large amount of carrying options.
- Safety. Secure with multiple fasteners and velcro. Keep the baby steady as you walk and move about.
Beco Butterfly 2 Baby Carrier
The Beco Butterfly II is not only the most acceptable front-facing baby carrier, but it is also stylish. It comes with the white flowers on a charcoal grey background and black straps.
Probably one of the best baby carriers for dads
Many dads prefer wearing a carrier in a mall or market than putting an infant seat instead. The first and probably the most important factor in a baby carrier is comfort. Comfort is not merely for your child, but specially for dads.
The Beco Butterfly II Baby Carrier has a padded waistband and shoulder straps for a comfort level. That is appreciated when taking the baby on outdoor activities. The sleeping hood supports a napping baby, and you can use it for protection against the sun, rain or snow.
This carrier allows the wearer to carry the baby up front or on the back in comfort and style. It is easy to adjust to match between the dad and mom.
Beco Butterfly II Baby Carrier Features and Specifications
- It weighs 2.5 pounds.
- Suitable for newborns up to 45 pounds.
- Black straps with stylised white flowers on a charcoal grey background.
- Light and slim-fitting, carry baby like a backpack.
- Front facing baby carrier or back carrier.
- It provides luxurious comfort with padded waistband and shoulder straps.
- Ergonomically designed two-shouldered support.
- It has removable sleeping hood to support the head of the child.
- As well as protection from sun, rain or snow.
- You can easily store the removable sleeping hood in a pocket on the waist belt.
- You can use it in front or back carry.
- It is available in many colours including: Black, Espresso, Duke (limited edition), Ever (limited edition), Ginger, Lucas, Luna, Metro Black, Natalie, Paige and Tyler.
Plausibly one of the best baby carriers
Reviews are overwhelmingly positive concerning the Beco Butterfly. Especially when it comes to not having to buy extras. It is an advantage that the infant insert comes with the carrier.
The Beco Butterfly ii organic baby carrier is extremely comfortable to wear. Kids like it and multiple users can switch baby from one to the other. They do not need to take the baby out of the carrier for that.
Double baby carrier
This carrier is special for anyone with back problems. You will appreciate the ergonomically designed shape of this soft structured carrier. It is very similar to a back or frontpack.
The DVD that comes with the Beco Butterfly carrier is very helpful. It explains the many features of this baby carrier.
Why one of the best baby carriers for dads?
Users remark how easy it is to wear the baby and to complete errands and chores. They can do it while the baby sleeps or observes what is going on around. Is very helpful for the baby as the wearer goes about getting things accomplished.
Dads are confident that the child will remain secure in the carrier as well as comfortable.
Beco Butterfly 2 vs. Ergo
It is not as bulky as the Ergo baby carrier or the frame carriers according to those who have used it. The Beco Butterfly II Baby Carrier is not as comfortable or well designed for the mum who wants to nurse a baby while wearing it. As opposed to the Ergo baby carrier which is more accommodating to nursing mums.
Something that is missing with the Beco Butterfly is that the wearer does not have the option to use the carrier for hip carrying which is convenient for when the baby gets heavier. There is also no zippered pocket for carrying necessary items like a cell phone, wallet or keys. The Ergo baby carrier comes with that pocket.
Better than a ring sling baby carrier
The best features of the Beco Butterfly carrier that makes them better than a single ring sling baby carrier are:
- It can accommodate a newborn without having to purchase a separate infant insert (comes with one).
- Allows for the transfer of baby in the carrier to another user without taking the baby out of the carrier.
- Has a head cover that snaps off easily.
Conclusion: the best baby carrier for dads
I would recommend the Beco Butterfly II Baby Carrier for anyone who enjoys baby items that:
- are stylish.
- are designed for comfort.
- and are easy to use.
However, they have not designed the Carrier for another important need: the mum who wishes to nurse her baby while carrying the baby in the carrier.
Fathers have no excuse nowadays to wear their babies. There are excellent benefits for dads and babies in doing this. In addition, carriers are a complete lot more convenient to use than strollers!
Butterfly Baby Carrier Infographic
Ergobaby Performance Carrier
Ergobaby Performance vs Original
Another of the best baby carriers is the Ergobaby line. There are many features users of the Ergo Baby Performance Carrier speak highly about such as:
- how durable it is this front facing baby carrier.
- that this carrier is 1/3 lighter than the standard Ergo baby carrier, has an outer layer that repels water making it ideal for use during outdoor activities.
- and that it is designed with breathable mesh lining (which helps keep the baby and adult fresh when the carrier is worn in warmer climates).
This is one of the best baby carriers that comes with an infant insert for newborns and can be used for children up to 40 lbs. The design of the Ergo Performance carrier provides extra protection against the weather elements and the contoured shoulder straps are designed for comfort and to keep the baby close to the body of the wearer.
Ergo Baby Performance Carrier Features and Specifications:
- It measures 12″ x 4.2″ x 10″.
- It weighs approximately 2.3 pounds.
- It is durable and lightweight with breathable fabric.
- It has water repellant outer layer that is ideal for outdoor activities.
- It has breathable mesh lining to keep babies and parents cooler as well as comfortable.
- It is ready to accommodate kids up to 40 L.B.S.
Reviewers of the Ergo baby Performance as one of the best baby carriers often remark about the versatility of this carrier. This fron facing baby carrier is allowing for different positions such as carrying the baby on the hip, front or back instead of always carrying the baby up front like with all other best baby carriers. Especially when the child grows and is heavier the front position may not always be the most comfortable place for a front facing baby carrier.
Ergobaby Performance vs Original
An added benefit of this best baby carrier over other similar best baby carriers models is that this one has zipper pockets for bringing along keys, cell phone or a wallet. This best baby carrier comes with an extended waistband making it unnecessary to spend the money purchasing a waist extender. The Performance Carrier is designed to take the pressure off of back, neck and shoulders of the person wearing it so this is a perfect carrier for older babies.
Click here to get free pdf of Ergo Baby Carrier instructions.
See the video for a comparison between:
- Ergobaby Performance Carrier.
- Ergobaby 360 Four Position Carrier.
- Ergobaby Original Carrier.
Ergo Carrier Conclusion
The Ergo Baby Performance Carrier as one of the best baby carriers comes highly recommended by most of the individuals who have purchased it. Probably because of its versatility, durability, weight distribution and multiple carrying positions.
- It is not as bulky as the original Ergo baby carrier.
- It is designed for the comfort of the person wearing it both at the shoulder and waist.
- It avoids the back pain experienced with other carriers and can accommodate heavier babies.
The reviews often state that it is among the perfect best baby carriers for using when outdoors in different weather elements, for hiking with the baby, long walks or when shopping and doing other chores.
When all of the benefits are added up, the price of the Ergo performance fades in comparison to what a great and necessary baby equipment a best baby carrier such as this becomes over when considering that it can be used from the newborn stage all the way through older much heavier toddlers.
Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier
Parents, family members, caregivers or anyone in need of hands-off carrying of a baby look for the Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier as one of the best baby carriers available. They can enjoy a hands-free way of carrying a baby when:
- going for walks.
- or when doing any activity that can be done easier without having to hold a baby in the arms.
The best baby carriers systems allow to safely and comfortably carry the baby. Users of the best baby carriers can be confident that they are carrying the baby in complete safety. In addition, this product and the best baby carriers conforms to ASTM F2236 safety standards. Newborns from 8 pounds to 26 pounds and minimum length of 21 inches can use this carrier and other best baby carriers safely.
Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier Features and Specifications
- It measures 10.2 x 3.4 x 13.8.
- It weighs 2.2 pounds.
- It has breathable mesh fabric to reduce heat and moisture to keep parents and baby cooler.
- It has an innovative two-piece design for ease of use.
- It is adjustable for growing baby.
- It has safe and comfortable non-toxic materials.
- It possesses an enhanced back support.
- It has a removable carrier front.
- It has wide shoulder straps that are designed to distribute baby’s weight evenly.
- It can fold compactly into a convenient pouch for easy carry and storage.
- It is available in three different colours at the time of writing Black, Marine Blue and White.
Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier Review
Reviews are overwhelmingly positive regarding this best baby carrier. Most agree that this is among the best baby carriers since:
- avoids the baby becoming too warm.
- does not contribute to back soreness, as some other carriers are known to do.
- is less stiff and softer than less expensive or essential carriers.
The forward facing feature for older babies seems to be a big hit with those reviewing this product. Users write about a common thread of the best baby carriers, and that is the comfort.
Users report that the baby seems content when you carry him or her in the BabyBjorn Baby Carrier. Adults that wear the carrier report how comfortable it is to wear a baby around for long walks. The extra back support is a real benefit over carriers without this feature.
Baby Bjorn vs. Ergo Carriers
Many of the reviewers have compared the BabyBjorn Baby Carrier to the Ergo Carriers and have discovered that the baby responds better to the adjustable positions, head and neck support for the baby and shoulder and back support for the adult. The smooth, 3D, breathable mesh material also sets the BabyBjorn Carrier above other carriers according to users.
Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier
One advantage that seems to pop up even in those that give negative reviews is that of the actual moderate price of the carrier. Most admit that the price is worth the peace of mind, the level of comfort and the ease of use experienced by both baby and adult.
Overall the reviews for the BabyBjorn Baby Carrier agree that this best baby carrier is made to give safety, comfort, peace of mind and desired function. The carrier can be adjusted to accommodate small eight-pound babies as well as babies weighing up to 26 pounds.
Ergo Baby Carrier
Ergo Baby Carrier Sport and Activities
The Ergo baby carrier is a favorite among those who wish to wear the baby while doing activities, multi-tasking or who want to take the baby with them while shopping or hiking. It is ergonomically designed for comfort, has a cotton poplin lining and hood with cotton batting in the body of the carrier with soft edges that babies will appreciate.
There is one-inch, high-density foam in the shoulder straps and quarter inch high-density neoprene foam in the waist belt. They have designed those for the comfort of the wearer, as it happens with the best baby carriers.
The Ergo carrier allows the wearer to switch from back to hip position and then to the front quickly. It is an all-in-one soft baby carrier, which accommodates a baby from newborn stage all the way through toddler stage in a secure and comfortable manner.
Ergo Baby Carrier Features and Specifications
- It measures 12 x 10 x 4.
- It weighs 1.8 pounds.
- It has an ergonomic configuration for maximum comfort.
- It has one high-density foam in shoulder straps.
- It has 1/4 high-density neoprene foam in waist belt.
- It has 400 threads per inch cotton poplin lining and hood.
- It has 100% cotton batting in body of carrier to soften the edges.
- It is available in many colors including Black, Camel, Cranberry, Grey, Spring Green, Options, Organic Black, Organic Desert Bloom, Organic Highland Navy Plaid and Organic River Rock Green.
Ergo Baby Carrier Review
Although the Ergo comes with an insert for newborns babies are not comfortable sitting in this best baby carrier until they are big enough and old enough to be able to straddle the hips of the wearer (around four months of age) so it is good that you can use the carrier in the hip position.
The Ergo carrier receives lots of reviews because of its popularity. It is for sure among the best baby carriers. The majority of the reviews are positive in nature because of its good looks, the durable material and because of how comfortable it is to use and wear.
Most reports specially mention the straps as padded and comfortable, especially at the shoulders. The waist strap is another big advantage the Ergo has over other best baby carriers in that it allows the wearer to shift weight to the hip area and off of the shoulders and back.
One issue that some users have commented on is that the Ergo can be difficult to use until you practice changing positions. It does come with a DVD that shows how to change carrier positions so make sure that if you purchase this product that you watch the DVD and learn how to do this and save yourself some time and grief.
Click here ot download a manual with detailed steps and descriptions
Ergobaby Best Baby Carriers Conclusion
We highly recommend the Ergo baby carrier for newborns who have reached 15 pounds in weight and can straddle the hips of the wearer of the carrier. It has a hood that supports the baby’s head while napping and can even induce the baby to sleep because of how soft and comfort the fabric is against the baby’s skin.
This best baby carrier is perfect for the active adult who loves to get things done or to be active outdoors at the same time that they keep the baby close to them. This carrier as one of the best baby carriers works well for carrying the baby for long stretches of time even up to 2.5 hours of constant use as reported by many users.
BabyBjorn Baby Carrier Air
In the baby carrier class of best baby carriers, the BabyBjorn Baby Carrier Air is the lightest, smallest and by far the easiest to use among all best baby carriers. The unique fabric keeps both baby and wearer cool. Getting baby in and out of this carrier is easy which helps when the baby is fussy or sleepy. The small size makes this Carrier an excellent choice for those who appreciate the ability to carry and store it inside its pouch.
Adults like that you can take a sleeping baby out quickly because the front opens. Anyone desiring one of the best baby carriers for taking the baby out on quick errands or to use when the temperature gets hot is going to appreciate:
- the comfort.
- the durability.
- the unique air fabric of this BabyBjorn best baby carrier.
Soft and airy mesh fabric
The mesh fabric has some familiar qualities that all best baby carriers have:
- firm enough to give good support to your baby’s hips, back, neck and head.
This best baby carrier has a 32 cm seat area designed to give your child a proper, wide-leg position when you carry the child facing you. This is also a constant in the best baby carriers.
Extra padded shoulder straps
The baby carrier has shoulder straps with luxuriously thick padding to make carrying even more comfortable for you. Again, something most of the best baby carriers provide.
BabyBjorn Baby Carrier Air Features and Specifications
- Weight Requirements – 8 to 25 pounds.
- Comfortable and safe, non-toxic materials.
- Extra soft mesh for baby’s face.
- Unique mesh material expels heat and moisture.
- Padded shoulder straps – extra comfort for carrier.
- Convenient pouch for carrying and storage.
- Pediatrician recommended posture support.
- Two-piece design for ease of use.
- Adjustable for growing baby.
- Available in four colors – Black Blue, Gray White, Yellow White, Sand White.
- 2 year Express warranty.
Baby Bjorn Carrier One Air Review
BabyBjorn Baby Carrier Original Features
Reviewers in this Baby Bjorn Carrier One Air Review mention many of the features, but the one that sticks out the most is that it is designed to get baby in and out of it easily. Another acclamed feature in this Baby Bjorn Carrier One Air Review is that the mesh material makes it noticeably cooler for both baby and wearer on hot days and nights.
BabyBjorn Baby Carrier Original Asjustements
This best baby carrier can quickly adjust to the heights and body frames of different wearers but time must be spent making the proper adjustments so that the best baby carriers are comfortable for each user.
BabyBjorn Baby Carrier Disadvantages
One of the most talked about negative aspects in Baby Bjorn Carrier One Air Reviews is that as the baby grows heavier, you notice that it does not have a lumbar support like other BabyBjorn Carriers do. If not adjusted properly when switching users for a larger baby, sore shoulders and backs can be the result.
We conlcude in this Baby Bjorn Carrier One Air Review that the price can be a deterrent but is well worth paying to enjoy the comfort while using the carrier on a regular basis.
BabyBjorn Baby Carrier Advantages
The BabyBjorn Baby Carrier Air is highly recommended for anyone living in a hot, humid climate because of the breathable, mesh fabric that gives both the wearer a baby a more comfortable and cooler experience than other carriers. Anyone who has ever used other carriers and noticed that the baby became sweaty or hot will appreciate that this particular air solves this problem.
It’s lightweight, the smaller size makes it perfect for packing for trips or camping adventures. Using a carrier for fussy babies allows adults to have hands free for doing things like housework, shopping or taking walks without a stroller. The ability to take a sleeping baby out of the front without waking them up is priceless.